FNG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FNG Forum

Fairways N Greens General Topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Handicaps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 3:43 am

Travis will probably shoot me for this ... (topic 20 Smile ) but are you comfortably with the flight that you are in or do you think we should update the handicaps .. remember you are still playing with the handicaps that you received from Q school.
Also would like your opinion on if you would like a 2nd leader board where the handicaps are added/subtracted from your net scores ... no flights just all in together.
Back to top Go down
Prez
Admin
Prez

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 7:29 am

No Al, i'm all out of bullets!!!!!

But I will have to agree with you I would like to know the same thing.
And if you want to make two leaderboards, with our handicaps add or subtract, then I for one would like to see how everyone stacks up. That would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://the10thtee.editboard.com
Sandbagger

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 10:39 am

According to the Rules, handicaps were to be updated at the end of each month. Of course, leaderboards were to be done on Fridays, why should anything else be on time?
Back to top Go down
Prez
Admin
Prez

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:56 am

AND THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMIN!
Back to top Go down
Sandbagger

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 11:09 am

LOL, just messing with you Travis. But yes, the Handicaps should be updated, I would like to know if I am getting any better!
Back to top Go down
don

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:19 am

G'day
Just a thought. I would like to see the Leader Board split to show the divisions more clearly and agree that an overall handicap board should be created. Also that the divisions be updated to reflect an even grading of players. Thanks.
Don
Back to top Go down
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:56 am

Hi Don. First up did not realise I had a fellow Aussie in this tour. Good on you .. I need all the support I can get ... Very Happy Very Happy

Now you say make the flights more defined ... thought I had done this with the different colors for each flight ... but maybe not .. so will head them flight 1 .. 2 .. 3 ... etc..

As for a PROPER handicap l/board I agree and this week you will see a very rough one done on our handicaps according to our Q rounds. Its very interesting with only 11 shots between 1st and 9th.

I am in the process of making a new handicap system (travis willing Very Happy ) and it should appear next meet as it will be based on your scores from your last 8 rounds. Any more than this gets a bit to much time consuming at this end. This is just for the handicap l/board and has nothing at all to do with the Travis flight l/board.

So after next meet your handicap for the following meet will be posted on the message board.
Back to top Go down
Sandbagger

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:16 pm

Hey Al, depending on his monitor he may not be able to see the light colors as well, but the darker looks like crap, so not much you can do there. I do like it broken down and labeled though. That does make it easier.
Back to top Go down
don

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 1:03 am

G'day
Thanks for the quick reply and will look forward to the next update.
Aussies rule!
Don cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 3:39 am

Sandbagger wrote:
but the darker looks like crap,

Geezus David you are a hard man to please ... ok let me know which color suits YOUR monitor. Very Happy

As for the handicap l/boards ... they were sent to Travis but for some reason he has not put them on the web site ... and as this message board does not let you upload files was going to post them onto my ISP but they are having problems so am unable to upload them to my site at the moment. If all else fails will post them on this message board as a crappy text file (no colors) later.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sandbagger

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 6:56 pm

Hey Al, you dork, read the post again. I wasn't complaining about anything, I didn't write the original post. I was just saying HIS monitor might not show the colors well, and actually gave you a compliment on the headers.
Besides, I wouldn't want to take the title from you as chief complaint master.
Back to top Go down
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Here is the leaderboard for Dullartur based on your flight handicaps. This is just for general interest only.

Handicaps Hcapca9
Back to top Go down
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 10:58 pm

These are your handicaps for El Scorpion. These have nothing at all to do with your flight handicaps. Travis does those. These are based on your last 8 rounds of golf at 0.85% of your full handicap. Its also been rounded to the nearest full number.. If your names not there dont worry its only because you dont have 8 rounds in yet.
Dont forget handicaps take a few meets to get sorted out a bit.

Handicaps Elhcapsjd7
Back to top Go down
Sandbagger

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 3:37 am

Hey Al, the only thing is the lower handicaps are the ones that are negative. You have the higher handicaps as negative. Check the leaderboard and see. I understand that you add those lower to the scores and in Excel you may want to enter them like that, but would do the opposite on the boards.
Back to top Go down
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:37 am

I knew it .... Evil or Very Mad

Ok ... if you can write me some formulas for excell then be my guest.

Thought myself it was quite clear. Those with a plus get that amount of shots added each round. Those with a minus get that amount deducted each round.
Now how much simpler can it be....

Sometimes I wonder why I bother ... Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Prez
Admin
Prez

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Handicap Grip   Handicaps Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 5:25 pm

Do I need to send you two to your rooms!

OMG! You guys kill me. We have had the exact same leaderboards since the first round. This extra board is for us to see what our handicaps would be after 8 rounds of golf. We actually do not use those. Those are just for fun. But next season there will be a couple different tours to choose from. One of them being PGA. Meaning, it will be run with he PGA format's. Handicaps, Purse, World Rankings, and exemptions. For those of you who do not know what exemptions are. Each player will start the season with 3 exemptions. If your world ranking or money winnings for the season are good enough then you will be invited to lets say....the master's, or the PGA Championships. If they are not good enough you can use one of your exemptions. Each tourny will have a certain standard just like the Pro's do. If your play is good enough then you will be invited to that tournament. If not, you will have to use one of your exemptions. And then there will be the FNG tournaments which will be a flighted tournament. One like we are playing in now. Also there will possibly be a 3rd tournament, and it will probably be called the skype tournament, which will be online play ONLY. So until next season we will be using the same leaderboards we have been, and in my opinion they are great. Next season we will have realtime leaderboards which will update eachtime a player enters his/her scores. It will also automatically adjust your handicap, and world ranking, and money winnings. So until then smile, and enjoy the golf. Or else its the nose in the corner for you kids.....lol
Back to top Go down
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:23 pm

Handicaps Hum18mt4
Back to top Go down
Sandbagger

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 4:48 am

You know Travis, I don't know why I even bother. Al always seems to get his panties in a wad about nothing. I was just pointing out the lower handicaps are negative, just like in real life, every other tour I have been on, etc. I wasn't being mean or anything.
I think I will just not visit the board anymore. It isn't worth the hastle. Not too much fun when you get jumped on everytime you are trying to help. I got more important things to worry about in life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handicaps   Handicaps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handicaps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FNG Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: