FNG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FNG Forum

Fairways N Greens General Topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Augusta

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AussieAl

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 4:38 am

First up my apologies for not making it to the par 3 comp. Was having problems getting ls to connect live to the net.
Right onto my subject .. look out I'm having a gripe Smile

Now we all know that at this time of the year all tours online/offline are playing this course. Well I did a check on all that I could find and NOT ONE of them are playing the same conditions for each round as we are Evil or Very Mad

I just don't think its right that we should play the same conditions for 4 rounds of the same course with just a few different pin positions. It gets very boring.

Plus C'mon think of the players who are in the lower flights ... give them a go for heavens sake ... making them play the same most difficult of conditions for 4 whole rounds is just not fair in my books.

OK .. I am open for criticism .. although I do realise that only 5 or 6 players seem to reply on this board.
Back to top Go down
Prez
Admin
Prez

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: masters   Augusta Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 8:10 am

What did you expect as far as the greens being fast?

Its THE MASTERS, and the greens there are always fast. So are you talking about the breezy part? or the both the greens and the wind conditions. I am just trying to put the masters together the way it is in actual life. The pin placments are the same as all four rounds of the masters, and as far as I know.........the greens are almost as fast as the greens of augusta. There really isnt any other way to play it in my book....But I do realize that everyone is different, and I do understand your point. Will keep it in mind for next season.
Back to top Go down
https://the10thtee.editboard.com
jvgolfer
Admin
jvgolfer

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 3:29 pm

Sorry but I have to agree with Al. I can see if the last two rounds were F/F but the first two rounds should be some what easier, say M/M for the first round, M/F for the second and F/F for the last two if that's what you want to do but not F/F for all four. Oh well I'll just have to play all four rounds with F/F greens and hope I can finish some where in the top ten so I can get an invite for next year.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 2:31 pm

I have to say I enjoyed playing this Masters event. When I saw that the conditions were F/F for all 4 rounds, I was a bit miffed, but when you think about it the real event would have the greens running F/F with the Pins getting progressively harder each day. I found myself fighting for pars most of the time and thats the way a Major should play.

2 thumbs up Travis! Ray. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sandbagger

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Don't know what happened to my post the other day. But as I said then and I will say now, the greens at Augusta are supposed to be F/F, that is the way they set it up. This year it has been dry down in here in the south, and those greens are fast. The wind down there today will speed them up more as there should not be any rain. The other sites didn't get it right, but who cares what they do. They also update scoreboards more than twice a tournament.
Back to top Go down
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 1:44 am

Sandbagger wrote:
But as I said then and I will say now, the greens at Augusta are supposed to be F/F, that is the way they set it up. This year it has been dry down in here in the south, and those greens are fast. The wind down there today will speed them up more as there should not be any rain. The other sites didn't get it right, but who cares what they do. They also update scoreboards more than twice a tournament.

I agree with you ... IF I was playing REAL golf. But this is a computer game and if you have the same conditions for 4 rounds players are going to take notes and get similar scores or better each round. Having different conditions each round eliminates that. Please don't get the real thing mixed up with a pc game.

As for updating scoreboards ... I am willing to step down and let YOU do the boards. Just say the word. Just one word of warning. Apart from the early influx of files in the first week nothing else seems to come in until late in the second week. So if you want an update every 3 or 4 days then I will glady do that. But it will only have 2 or 3 more scores on it than the first one.
Back to top Go down
Prez
Admin
Prez

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Scoreboards/Masters   Augusta Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 2:27 am

Okay........

Heres my 2 cents.

I have to agree with Al on this one, EVEN THOUGH I put the master's together. I did get the Real life and PC golf mixed up, but that is because i'm a Master's WHORE!!!!!!!! lol But you can take good notes both in real life and in this game. But there it is, I just said it. GAME I am sorry that I have caused a tiff between the two and I will make note of that for the next season. As a matter of fact I have already taken care of that. I have a Tournament conditions randomiser for the rest of this season, and will continue to use it until somthing better comes along. The WHOLE reason that I put this site together though is to have somthing different than the other tours on the web. I admitt I did want the Master's to be as close to real life as possible, and that's partly because I have actually been to the master's and will be going again next year. I already have my reservations, and tickets. But while I was there...........WOW....To see all the Professional golfers take such time, and effort into taking notes, and memorizing each shot, the tempo, the course layout, the pin placments....... It was truely amazing to how much they ALL wanted that Green Jacket The truth is I love this game, and I love this sport. But I am IN LOVE WITH Augusta National. It will take your breath away to see not only the course, but the grounds it sits on. The history of the course, and the pride that is taken in keeping it.......well the Master's. I enjoy the people on this tour very much, and have spent a great deal of time with most of them playing online, and I HAVE A BLAST! That's the whole point of playing this game, is to have fun. I dont care if somone beat's me by 20 strokes, or 2 strokes. As long as i'm having fun with it, then i'm fine. I will say this. Al you do a great job with the leadboards, and it saddens me to see that everyone wants up to the min. updates. We dont have a real time leaderboard yet, and when we get one everyone will be happy, BUT until then we will continue to have a board updated every friday. The reason is, Al is right......He could update it each day and have maybe 2 new scores posted. There is no reason in doing that. And there just are not enough members playing to warrent that. So my hat is off to Al for the hard work, and time put into keeping them updated for FREE! And I think that everyone who puts in time to keep this site going is a wonderful person for providing FUN for others for NOTHING. Like I said, this is a fun site, and I hate to see everyone get in a bind over a game that we all enjoy playing very much, so this years master's I personally love the conditions format because I wanted it to be as close to real as it could get, and I think that I accomplished that very well. To those who are not enjoying this years master's, I am honestly sorry. That was not, and never will be my intentions. So best of luck with this tournament, and if ANYONE has any idea's then please get in contact with us. We are wanting your feedback. After all this is your clubhouse. Just keep in mind that the board of directors which is Al, Jim, and I do have lives outside of this site. I have 4 kids, with one on the way SHORTLY, and I also have a job that I must be at. So updating each friday is the best for all of us because it gives us time to continue our MUST'S in life and still have ALOT of fun with all of you. And finally.........THATS MY 2 CENTS. lol
Best Regards,
Travis
Back to top Go down
https://the10thtee.editboard.com
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 3:19 am

Prez wrote:
Just keep in mind that the board of directors which is Al, Jim, and I do have lives outside of this site. I have 4 kids, with one on the way SHORTLY, and I also have a job that I must be at. So updating each friday is the best for all of us because it gives us time to continue our MUST'S in life and still have ALOT of fun with all of you. And finally.........THATS MY 2 CENTS. lol
Best Regards,
Travis

Well said Prez... but as you said if they want l/boards updated every few days thats no problem .. as long as members send in files at least a few days before the end of the tour.
Now you say you have one on the way SHORTLEY ... I hope he/she is not tooo short .. Smile Smile
As for your 2 cents worth I reckon you got a dollars worth at least .. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sandbagger

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 5:43 am

How DARE the both of you call Links a GAME! Tiger Woods 200x is a game. Links is a golf simulation, and to be able to simulate actual conditions as close as possible is one of the great things about Links. We will not agree on this, I can tell. I love the fact that I can play a round then see how I stack up against how the pros did. I wonder though, is the aura of Augusta different in Australia or in Europe?? Growing up relatively close and always wanting to watch it, or like Travis and have been there, does that not translate the same over the world? Here in America, this tournament is held higher than the other Majors because it is so special. Is the British Open the same for Europe? Don't know how many British we have on the board, I would like to know the answer to this.
Back to top Go down
Call_me_Al
Admin
Call_me_Al

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 4:07 am

OK ... I'm not gonna argue ith you .. you have your view and I have mine.

But heres a new twist .. you brought up the subject of the Tiger Woods game/stimulation vs LS.

You called ls a stimulation and TW a game. I disagree.

My reason for this is that I play both.

Now I belong to the Clambakers TW club which has abot 180 playing members. Now you play their games online but by yourself. Each shot is recorded as you play and the l/board updated automatically.

So both clubs (ours and the tw one) played similar conditions for round 1.

In ours I got a 67. In the tw one the best I could do was a 81 which I think is a more realistic score than what I got in ls.
You can check this out at http://www.clambakers.org/tw2007/leaderboard.php

I'm not arguing with you .. just trying to say I dont think ls is any more realistic than TW. MAYBE THE GRAPHICS ARE MORE REALISTIC IN LS BUT THE GAMEPLAY IS NOT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Augusta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augusta   Augusta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Augusta
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FNG Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: